Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Win Some/Lose Some: But Sometimes Losing IS Winning!


Winning: Thanks to a good friend, I was able to purchase a year old washing machine to replace the one another good friend gave me in my need! And for a great price! It was a winning situation all the way around- gotta love that!

Losing: I thought I had sold this necklace... finally. I had a 'buyer' from Indiana who was willing to put money in my PayPal account... But the email I received 'confirming' the transaction turned out to be a fake- and a convincing looking one at that! It's a good thing I have had so much experience with con men- I was smart enough to talk to Paypal and check my actual balance BEFORE mailing the necklace! So, I guess this is really winning- I didn't fall for the con!

And
this little monkey holding my cell phone (which she took out of my purse!)
also 'freed' my camera and took some winning photos (because of the people in them!)
 

Jason (my baby brother) and Camilla- all the way from CA! Loved the visit!


And, of course, my personal favorite! It includes Luke!!!

There are so very many hard things in life right now... but I win because I know that I am so blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment