Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Thursday, August 23, 2012

And so it begins...

First official day back to school/work today... I sat in meetings all day, so how can I be tired?! 
I must say that it was so good to see all of my good friends and to have a few minutes to catch up on all of the happenings! I REALLY love my job! I don't know why HF thought I needed to apply for a different one and to go out of my comfort zone earlier this spring- but if nothing else, that whole experience made me realize some things:
1. I work with fabulous people who love me!
2. I am good at what I do! I hadn't even realized how much I had been influenced to doubt that over the past  while until sometime last year... it's amazing how when you subtract the political machinations of the workplace, I suddenly feel valued every day!
3. I love Herriman High School! It is by far the best place I have worked. The faculty, administration, the students, the parents... they are the best!
4. I love my job! I cannot wait to establish and re-establish those links with the students that will allow me to just be there for them. If I have to have a job away from my own kids (and I do have to have a job away from my own kids!) I am so grateful to have one in which I can make a positive difference in someone's life!


And by later tonight....
This will no longer reside in my garage!!! Yes, sad news to all of you who so wanted to own an engine/transmission that was once owned by yours truly. :(
But did I mention that just over a year since the disaster that was 'the great car project', I will no longer own any of the pieces?! Yes, and I have never been so excited to have lost money on a sale in my entire life!!!
But seriously, the money lost was not as bad as it could have been, Charly was not injured in the original accident, and my home has some wonderful new deadbolts on all the doors... Life will always work out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment