Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Last Days of Summer

Another school year is set to begin.... which is terrific! except that it also means this wonderful summer is coming to an end...

 It hasn't even been all play time either! Jon has been called back to work, and while that is a great blessing for his budget, it means he and I missed out on climbing Timp and our annual Downtown Day! So I spent some of that time making plum jelly... Yum!

Last Tuesday was attending the temple and spending the afternoon with my friends, Michele and Jayel. Love these ladies so much!!! We are going on 30 years of friendship -and we're all only 29 years old! ;)
Last Wednesday was lunch with Luke's extraordinary mother! What a wonderful and caring lady!
And Charly, Sue and I finally saw 'Wicked' on Thursday evening!!!
After waiting for more than a year, it was so much fun to spend an evening with these ladies!

Last weekend was one event after another.
What a beautiful wedding early Saturday morning at the Logan Temple! My cousin Michelle's oldest son, Cameron, had a perfect day!
And Jim Margetts, a very talented friend of mine from high school days, performed in concert on Temple Square. I love listening to him play! His talent is such a blessing in my life!
And after a 'quick' round trip to Tooele for church, I was able to spend a little time with family celebrating the life of a truly great man, my dad, for his birthday!

So I was supposed to spend this week taking care of last minute doctor appointments and going to work...
Here's what I did yesterday instead:


My girls!!!


Pickles and Pizza- what a combination!!

Brynndi and Abish


So much more fun!!! I am so blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment