Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

May I just say...

I TOTALLY LOVE MY JOB!!!!

So weird because I was so stressed this last week: I have all of my classes just about at capacity (which is 5 more students than I can comfortably help during class time for each and every class period)- which for special ed is a disaster or 200 waiting to happen... I have 42 students on my caseload as of this afternoon- 30 is ideal and 35 is doable- meaning this year: 
  • I have 42 hour-ish IEP meetings (with parents, administrator and gen ed teachers- plus the hour or so to arrange the meeting and do the paperwork for EACH ONE!
  • I have 42 kids to first learn about their gen ed accommodations and then communicate to each of their separate gen ed teachers what those accommodations may be- EACH SEMESTER!
  • I have 42 kids to track on grades and attendance, ideally each week, but may be more like once or twice a quarter- yikes and not so good
  • I have 42 kids to listen to, help when I can, and to just make myself available to when possible
  • And about 1/3 of those 42 kids will be up for their 3 year re-eval, meaning an additional 5-6 hours of work time for that process for EACH RE-EVAL!
  • I could continue this list, but you get the idea... I just need to never leave HHS and never sleep. Then it will be a piece of cake! And then I will be able to prep for my actual classes and do the 'less important' business of actually teaching, grading, and providing the services on all those IEP's...
So why do I totally love my job?

All of those kids!!! They are the best part of teaching. Yes, it's still that 'honeymoon' period...

SO HERE'S TO THE HONEYMOON LASTING ALL YEAR!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment