Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, August 5, 2012

They're Back!


This week our stake had Trek (handcarts, sleeping under the stars, lots of heat and sand- the whole pioneer experience!) Both Jon and Charly have been gone for the past four days, and I have missed them! The house is much too quiet and big for just one person, even if I did stay pretty busy.
 I cannot wait until later today when I get to hear more about their wonderful experiences!!!

Yesterday in the temple, I was reminded several times of how happy I can be when times are incredibly hard. Although a nice reminder with some terrific memories attached, this is most likely my preparation of harder things to come... here we go! But I am so grateful for such wonderful memories! 

And this morning in the ward newsletter this great account/advice from Brother Coulam:

"During the past few months I have had experiences that have caused me to think about the Savior in my life.  I would like to share with you one experience of how He eased my burdens and was aware of my needs. 
Two months ago I found myself stranded in a small town after a chain of very unfortunate events. It was late and my family was traveling on to our destination without me. Once the tow truck driver arrived and picked me up, I was feeling pretty depressed and upset. I felt alone and helpless. I discussed what I would do with my father on my cell phone, and it was decided that I could stay at a motel or I could stay with his old friend that he happened to have come in contact with two weeks prior. I hesitantly agreed to stay with the friend. It turns out that my father’s friend was a close friend with the truck driver that was taking me in to town. Not only did everything work out well for the night, but the truck driver didn’t even charge me! 
When the bad events first started I questioned how the Lord could let these things happen to me. It wasn’t until after that I could see that it was the exact opposite. The Lord had been watching over me. 
In Mosiah 24:14 it reads, “And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you
cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as
witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their
afflictions.”
It is my witness that the Lord does watch over us, and makes our burdens
seem light. We must learn to recognize His hand in all things. "

I know that He does have His hand in my life and pray that I will continue to recognize that every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment