Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Monday, August 20, 2012

What if we only had today what we thanked HF for yesterday?


This got me thinking about so much in my life, but most of all, it started me thinking: What if I only had in my life today the people I thanked HF for yesterday?

So I want to just review A FEW of the MANY people I am thankful for today and why (in small part) I am thankful for them in the hopes that they will be around for MANY tomorrows!

Tracy and Shauna Smith: Two of the most fabulous friends and neighbors ever! Not only do they share and validate my (and my kids') obsession with all things Doctor Who, but they have become a part of our family- from the heartbreaks to the exhilaration of life!

My kids: Eric & Alison are ALWAYS smiling! They brighten my day. Charly and her fabulous writing skills are a complete joy! Check out this sample: http://allsortsofdancer.blogspot.com/2012/08/who-am-i.html Jon has become the best handyman a mother could ever wish to have! Just today, he finished 'repairing' the deck... and his chicken coop will look fabulous! (pics to come)

My extended family: They are phenomenal! My older brother and his family (including grandkids), my parents, my sister and her family- all took time out of their busy Friday night schedules to come to Charly's book event!!! (and my little bros would have if they could have given their job/living situations). So awesome when I consider that they all see Charly at least once a month and could have congratulated her any time... they are the best!


Luke: (Yes, I know this may embarrass him, but I just have to tell it!) He is such a VERY GOOD man!!! 'Down to the core', as Charly so correctly puts it. 
Luke has enjoyed his hobby of riding his unicycle- and enjoys it for exercise as well. In fact, his talent for an upcoming no-talent show was riding said unicycle. Well, recently, Luke's nephew (age 12, I believe) moved from Utah and away from all of his friends and extended family to North Dakota. This nephew also enjoys riding the unicycle.
Last Saturday, as Luke's brother-in-law (father of nephew now in ND) stopped on his way back to ND for a 5 minute visit, Luke discovered that his nephew no longer (through no fault of his own) had a unicycle. Knowing how much his nephew loved riding and knowing how much his nephew was missing friends and family... well, Luke, being the man he is, promptly gave away his prized unicycle! Yep, Luke's unicycle now resides in ND with, I would imagine, a VERY HAPPY young nephew!
I AM SO THANKFUL FOR THIS VERY GOOD MAN IN MY LIFE!!!

There are many more people I could mention here; however, I would like to end with this thought from Betsy Hart's OpEd piece (cited above):
"But as I ponder the question about only having today what we were thankful for yesterday, I see another facet to it. And that is the chance to shape our lives to live more purposefully. In other words, it reminds me to spend time thanking God for my children, my home, my fiancee and his children, my church and so on. But if I'm not willing to take time to thank God for, say, reality television or a Facebook page, maybe that's a pretty good indication those aren't things that should be taking up much time in my life.
Now that is something to ponder. And I think that realization is something to be thankful for each day — in the hope it will be with me every tomorrow."
I ABSOLUTELY am thankful for coming across these questions and remarks this week!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog!!! I love this post. !!! Thanks for sharing the quote Betsy Hart!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Needed a little pick me up today. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete